Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hot Rod Wanna-Be's and 1/2 Marthon Training - Day 19

Last night a friend of mine from work and I planned on racing each other at the local 1/4-mile drag strip (Texas Motorplex) down in Ennis TX. It was all for fun -- I had recently made some mods to my 2002 Z28, and her new ride is a 2010 SS Camaro -- and we were ready to race ;-) Unfortunately the track made the VERY last minute decision to cancel the races due to delayed construction work because of all the rain we've had recently. Oh well... we'll have to plan it again real soon!

Yesterday the schedule said we were supposed to run a mile and a half... that didn't happen either. Didn't get enough sleep the night before and REALLY didn't feel up to it.

Ahhh... sleep is a wonderful thing! This morning we awoke after about 9+ hours of sleep (I was closer to 10... Angela got up before me). Ate a little something, Angela went to the farmers market and picked up some goodies, then we went for our run after she returned. Very humid today, but cloudy and a bit windy. It was all good though. I pushed myself a bit harder than usual but was careful not to push too hard (maybe a wuss... who knows...) The end result was a 9min 42sec mile average for the mile and a half... good enough! Maybe there's something to this sleep thing!

No comments: