Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Baby Fun

Well, no pictures today...I was too busy playing and having fun!  This weekend has been quite a fun weekend with Kara.  Well not that other weekends aren't but she is just learning SOOO much. Yesterday, I put her underneath the baby gym and hung a bunch of toys and then showed her how she could play with them.  I've done this before and she still just kinda looked at them.  But yesterday she actually reached up and started to grab them :)  It's really kinda funny and neat to watch a baby learn hand-eye coordination.  She stares intently at the object and then finally makes the decision to attempt a swipe.  Then, the swipe.  Maybe she gets the prize of a grab, maybe not.  Then, it starts over.  I just sat and watched her for a while yesterday, watching her learn after each attempt.  Fun!!

Today, after I let her practice her grabbing techniques from yesterday, we layed on a blanket and practiced rolling over.  She is getting awefully close!  She had a ball just rolling from her back to her side and then having Mommy push her over to her tummy.  Then rolling from her tummy to her side and having Mommy push her over to her back.  One time, all I did for the whole roll from tummy to back was reposition her hand.  Those darned hands and arms just get in the way when rolling over! 

The other really cool thing about this weekend, or actually more just about how she is evolving, is that the more intense play and learning is giving way to much better naps.  YAY for naps!!!  She has never been a great napper, but here in the last week, she has actually been taking some longer (1-2 hour) naps at her Grandmothers - when I'm at work - and she has been going down easy for a long (2-3 hour) nap at home with me.

Well, it is 4 hours since I started writing this post and now 8 pm.  My how time slips by with a kid.  I know I said no pictures for today but I did download two pictures from this morning that I'll post tonight.

Here is Kara showing off her standing abilities with Daddy's help.

 And here is her 4 month picture with the dancer bear. 
 Here is Kara with the same bear a month and a half ago.  You can tell she is growing!

No comments: