Sunday, April 1, 2012

Texas Bluebonnets

This year the Texas state flower, the bluebonnet, has come out early and strong.  This due to a very warm and early spring accompanied with good rains coming at just the right time.  We wanted to get some pictures in the bluebonnets, as is a pretty standard family/kids picture around these parts and today I scoped out and found some really nice spots not too far from the house.  So, we set out to get some pictures late this afternoon.  The spot we found turned out even better than I expected!  Of course, as is expected with kids, babies in particular, it was a bit difficult to get Kara to smile.  In fact, just getting her to look at us, with all these neat flowers in sight was a challenge! 

The flowers smelled wonderful and Kara was just completely enamored with them.  She couldn't stop looking at them the entire time we were out there and kept wanting to pick them and look at them.  A child after my own heart I tell ya!

 I laid Kara down in the flowers and she immediately starting checking them out :)
 ....and then decided to test their culinary abilities (don't worry, she didn't eat any!!)


 Still checking them out.....
 Oh, you want me to look at you??
 Kara tells us, "Have you seen these things? They are awesome!!"
 Well, Kara wouldn't play along so I just chose the best one of Mark and I :)  Funny, at home she stares and the camera everytime it is out, but here, she just wanted to look at the flowers!

No comments: